Find out about non-domestic rates, how to pay, who is liable to pay, reductions and rate reliefs by clicking on the links in the boxes below.
You can now do the following online:
- Set up a new, or amend an existing, Direct Debit
- Find the rateable value for any property in Winchester
Also.......your Business Rate bill for 2017/18 (sent out in the week commencing 13th March), and any subsequent bills, include an online key which will allow you to:
- Switch to electronic billing
- View your account details and notices
- Update your contact details
2017 Spring Budget - Business Rates Changes
The Business Rates Consultation is now closed. You can view the results below.
- Business Rate changes - 2017 Spring Budget The Government proposed some changes to business rates in the 2017 Budget to assist with the impact of the business rates revaluation which takes effect from 1 April 2017. Updated 25 July 2017.
- Explanatory Notes for Business Rates Non-Domestic Rates, or business rates, collected by local authorities are the way that those who occupy non-domestic property contribute towards the cost of local services.
- NNDR Payment Methods How to pay your Business Rates
- NNDR Recovery Procedures If you are having difficulty paying your Non-Domestic Rates you should contact the Council immediately.
- Non-Domestic Rates Datasets The information contained in this page is in respect of 'datasets' which have been created primarily as a result of Freedom of Information requests.
- Reductions & Relief There are a number of different reductions available.
- Responsibility for Business Rates Find out about non-domestic rates / business rates and who is liable to pay.
- Valuation Details of how properties are valued and how to make enquiries.
- Winchester Business Improvement District Winchester Business Improvement District (BID) ensures that Winchester remains a vibrant business community; is an attractive, clean and safe environment for customers, clients, shoppers and visitors; and is a profitable place to do business.