Winchester has a proud reputation for it's public art, both permanent and temporary. Fascinating installations can be found across the city.
There are also strong links to the other visual arts, such as fine art, film and photography.
- Film, fine art and photography Winchester District is home to many film makers and enthusiasts of the fine arts and other visual arts.
- Kite Flyer The Kite Flyer in Parchment street is by Marzia Colonna.
- Luminous Motion Luminous motion (2002) was created by Peter Freeman and is located within the Cathedral grounds.
- Stanmore Community Art Project The final designs for the artwork which were displayed on the site hoardings of the New Queens Head have now been moved to the Stanmore Community Centre, Carroll Centre and Stanmore Primary School.
- The Bollards The Bollard Project has expanded since its inception in 2005 to include the painting of nineteen bollards in total.
- We found it in Chesil An art project inspired by the Chesil Street area of Winchester, commissioned by Winchester City Council and undertaken by Salisbury based artist Laurence Dube-Rushby