Premises Licences

Premises Licences

A premises licence is required for any premises where any of the following take place:

  • sale of alcohol by retail
  • regulated entertainment
  • the provision of hot food or hot drink between 23:00 and 05:00 on any day

Regulated entertainment is defined as:

  • a performance of a play
  • an exhibition of a film
  • an indoor sporting event
  • a boxing or wrestling entertainment
  • a performance of live music
  • any playing of recorded music
  • a performance of dance
  • anything similar to music or dancing 

Where a premises is to be used for the above licensable activities for no longer than 168 hours, for a maximum of 499 persons, an individual may give notice to the Licensing Authority of a Temporary Event Notice (TEN).


Notify us of a change of name or address