Independent Renumeration Panel members required
We are looking to appoint new people to serve on a statutory Independent Remuneration Panel, which will consider and make recommendations to Winchester City Council on Councillor Allowances and expenses, including Parish Councils.
The statutory Independent Remuneration Panel's role is to make recommendations to the Council:
- as to the amount of basic allowance that should be payable to its elected members;
- about the roles and responsibilities for which a special responsibility allowance should be payable and as to the amount of each such allowance;
- as to whether the Council’s allowances scheme should include an allowance in respect of the expenses of arranging for the care of children and dependants and, if such a recommendation is made, the amount of this allowance and the means by which it is determined;
- on other allowances (i.e. travel and subsistence allowance and allowances for attendance at certain meetings and conferences).
- A local resident or have very close links with Winchester?
- Able to participate in a Panel review in September 2017 at the Councils Offices at the Guildhall?
- Experienced or have a background in the public sector, the voluntary or non-for-profit sector, the business community or human resources?
- Able to undertake the research on behalf of the panel and have time to read and digest reports?
Members of the panel are paid a fee.
Closing date: Friday 23 June 2017
The interviews will take place on Thursday 6th July 2017 at the offices of Winchester City Council.
Download the application form and information pack below.
|Winchester City Council Independent Renumeration Panel application pack||DOC||199KB||
56Kbps Modem: Less than 1 Minute
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute