Teams within the Planning Department include:
South Downs National Park
To contact the right team, please see below;
For all enquiries about planning permission:
TELEPHONE - 01962 848177
EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit any type of planning application please go to www.planningportal.co.uk/applications
For application forms (including the bio-diversity checklist) http://www.winchester.gov.uk/planning/planning-applications/winchester-1app-forms/
If you have submitted an application to the planning service via the Planning Portal, email@example.com or by paper you will have received an email acknowledgement confirmation of receipt.
Please be assured that a planning officer will contact you as soon as they have picked up your application. The expected current wait time for this is four to six weeks. From this point, the average time to decision is another four weeks, during which the officer will work with you.
South Downs National Park
For all enquires about planning permission in the South Downs National Park:
TELEPHONE: 01962 848 185
For all enquiries about listed buildings:
If you suspect there has been a breach of planning control:
TELEPHONE: 01962 848 480
For general information and links to other pages and departments:
Sharing Personal Information – Planning Applications
Winchester City Council will publish your planning application details on our Website. However, your phone and email contact details will not be published.
If you are in a Parish area within the Winchester City Council District we will send your contact details to your local Parish Council, as they may wish to contact you to discuss the application with you.
If you do not want your phone or email contact details to be shared with the Parish Council please let us know when you submit your Planning application
- Houses in Multiple Occupation and the Stanmore Article 4 Direction FAQs on Houses in Multiple Occupation and the Stanmore Article 4 Direction
- Major Sites and Projects Guided by our Community Strategy and Portfolio Plans, the City Council has an ambitious programme of major projects in place which deliver our key priorities throughout the Winchester District.
- North/North East of Hedge End The strategy for South Hampshire which has been produced by the Partnership for Urban South Hampshire (PUSH) includes a Strategic Development Area (SDA) to the north/north east of Hedge End.
- Planning Appeals 2017 The latest list of appeals received and decided by the Planning Inspectorate for 2017, that relate to planning applications previously determined by the City Council.
- Planning Applications Guidance on making planning applications and the forms required to be submitted.
- Welborne (New Community North of Fareham). The strategy for South Hampshire which has been produced by the Partnership for Urban South Hampshire (PUSH) includes a Strategic Development Area (SDA) to the north of Fareham.
- Winchester Town Forum - Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) How Winchester Town Forum plans to spend the neighbourhood portion of CIL receipts from development within the Town, and how local groups and organisations can be part of that process.
- Planning Enforcement If you suspect there has been a breach of planning control please contact the Enforcement Team.
- Planning Appeals Appeals can be made for a number of reasons, but most are made because planning permission has been refused.
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Find more information on the levy and its application in the Winchester District on these pages.
- Major Sites & Projects
- South Downs National Park We are responsible for providing day-to-day planning services on behalf of the South Downs National Park Authority.
- Heritage and Conservation Winchester City Council's Conservation section provide specialist advice on the conservation of the district's historic built environment, including listed buildings, conservation areas and other buildings that are considered of significant local historic interest.
- Landscape & Countryside Details on Landscape Design and Hedgerow Management
- Local Land Charges Local land charges are requested by solicitors and other conveyancing professional as part of land and property sales.
- Open Spaces Determining what recreational provision is required for new dwellings in the Plan area, or, the amount of contribution that will be sought in lieu of that provision.
- Trees Information about dealing with trees in a conservation area and TPOs.
- Public Notices A list of Public Notices that we have published in local newspapers.
- Planning Policy Planning Policy deals the preparation of the Local Development Framework (LDF). The LDF is a series of documents which set out the planning policies for Winchester District to guide development.
- Supplementary Planning Guidance Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) provide further details, guidance and principles for which development is expected to follow.