The Central Winchester Regeneration project will create a city centre which delivers for the people who live, work, study or visit here. We must preserve what makes Winchester special and build upon its distinctive style so our city stands out from other destinations in the region.
The vision for the centre includes proposals which balance retail, market, commercial, cultural, housing and community uses in a new city quarter. The new developments need to be economically viable and work for the city.
Maintaining what makes Winchester special with the character and scale of the buildings and streets is important. It’s a special site and we must get it right.
With a mix of active and restful spaces, opening up of the brook to the east of the site and developing the public realm the city centre will bring together the culture and history that has shaped Winchester in its natural environment.
For further information on the Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) work, please contact our architects and master planners JTP.
- Vision Vision for Central Winchester Regeneration project.
- Engagement and Consultation How to get involved.
- Central Winchester Regeneration News All the latest news about the project.
- Technical Reports You’ll find all the technical reports here.
- Downloads You’ll find all the public documents here about the project. For more technical reports such as transport etc, use the Technical Reports section.
- Background The Central Winchester Regeneration area covers 4 hectares in the heart of the city.